Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did iTunes 11 mess up my iPod classic?

Okay, so... I love iTunes 11 to death. But it fudged up my iPod classic real bad.

Basically it removed all the letters from everything, song titles, album titles, artist names, except c, e, i, n, o, r, s, t, and u, lowercase, and a handful of uppercase letters, like D, N, and T. Spaces, numbers, and punctuation are gone, too. So "Music" now says "usic," "Artists" now says "rtists," "Now Playing" now says "Noin," and so on.

I took me HOURS to dertermine that that was even what had happened... it looks like gibberish. I can't post a screenshot from classic (or at least, I don't know how), so here's a shot taken with my cellphone.

User uploaded file

Ah, yes. Who could forget the classic album, s, by esteemed metalcore gods etween The uried and Me? Or Thrice's little-known folk effort, ecelneosIIIIirrt?

What the **** am I supposed to do about this.

iPod classic

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 11:50 AM

Haha, no idea what happened, just plugged it in and synced again on a wing and a prayer, must've been a fluke cos all's well.

Happy Holidays.

1 reply

Why did iTunes 11 mess up my iPod classic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.