Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wiki Documents and iPad

Hello all,

I am trying to work with Wiki pages that reference uploaded PDF Documents, where my Wiki server is the OSX Wiki Server hosted on Mountain Lion Server.

On all client platforms, when I follow a link to the Document, I get an html page with a preview image of the document; that page behaves a little diferently depending on the client used.

• On OSX Safari I get a download button that immediately pulls a copy of the PDF to the Mac's Downloads folder.
  • On OSX Safari clicking the preview image opens a preview pop-up that also allows for saving of the PDF.
  • On iPhone Safari tapping the download button opens the PDF in Safari, which contains an "Open in iBooks" button.
  • On iPhone Safari tapping the preview image, opens a (buggy) pop-up preview.
  • On iPad Safari there IS NO download button
  • On iPad Safari tapping the preview image DOES NOTHING

Since the PDF's can be downloaded to the iPhone, I'm assuming this is a misconfiguration of the ipad version of the wiki pages. I would like to be able to pull PDF's from the wiki to the iPad's iBooks. Does any one have an idea how to correct this?

Thanks,

Joe

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Server installed

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 11:23 AM

2 replies

Wiki Documents and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.