I hate the missing album artwork and missing album by artist view. I'm a huge vinyl fan and album art is how I visualize my library and find things. Apple just screwed that all up for me. Everyone tells me to try this and that, but those features are just plain gone, probably forever.
So I will forever be in iTunes 10 until a third party application can backup my iOS apps.
<Link Edited By Host>
I'm pretty dumb computer literate. Before I do anything I want to make sure I understand the proper steps to get rid of the iTunes 11 & go back to iTunes 10.7.
Here is what I've done so far:
1) Downloaded iTunes 107 64 bit since I have Windows 7
2) Copied all my music files & put the copies on my external hard drive.
Now here I'm a bit confused. I have the following dates of previous versions of the .ltl file.One from 10/20/2012 & the other is 12/09/2012
This is what it looks like
iTunes Library 2012-12-09
iTunes Library 2012-10-20
I don't know how to change the file name. When I click on properties, it looks like: iTunes Library 2012-12-09
So I would like if someone can give me step by step instructions to properly go from iTunes 11 to 10.7.
Here's what I do. Note that all your iTunes library files were updated to version 11 and are not backwards compatible, so iTunes 10 won't be able to read them. This means you will not be able to save your playlists, etc.
- Back up all your media files somewhere. The uninstall won't delete them, but it's always good to have a backup.
- Uninstall iTunes via the Windows Control Panel
- Go to Windows Explorer and locate the old iTunes directory. Manually delete tiTunes folder and all sub-folders. This removes any of the iTunes library files, etc. You can also use something like CCLeaner (free download) to clean up the registry and other directories of unistalled programs.
- Download the latest iTunes 10 64-bit from Apple (https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1577)
- Install iTunes as usual and load your media again.
- Set your iTunes poreference not to remind you about updates to avoid accidental install by someone else.
<Link Edited By Host>
Thank. I had to uninstall the iTunes 10.7 and reinstall it. I also deleted the 3 files of errors it came up with. I deleted those files 1st, then reinstalled the iTunes 10.7. Everythng is working now. I hated the iTunes 11 & will not go back to it again. The only reason I use iTunes is cause I have no choice since I have iPod Nano's.