Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud status icon in iTunes

What does this iCloud staus icon mean? It used to appear intermittently in iTunes 10. It rarely, if ever, went away without restarting iTunes. I was hopeful that this issue would be "fixed" by iTunes 11. But, as you can see, it's still there, and it still clears with an iTunes restart. I found an Apple Support article for iCloud status icons <http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4124> but this one is not listed. Your thoughts?User uploaded file

iPhone 5, iOS 6, 16GB

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 1:02 PM

3 replies

Dec 4, 2012 3:12 PM in response to Curtis Tucker

Yes, please someone answer this question.

When playing purchased music or video streamed from iCloud (I do not have iTunes Match), sometimes the song just stops, I look over at iTunes window and the iCloud symbol is gone, and all my songs/videos in the cloud disappear from the list. It is as if the iCloud icon shows that I have good connection to my library on iCloud.

However, once it disappears (network hiccup?), I can't figure out how to get the iCloud-based songs back. If I quit iTunes and restart it, I *do* get that iCloud icon back as well as access to all my songs in iCloud.

Quiting and restarting seems a bad design.

Could Apple (or someone) provide a definitive story on the iCloud icon (what it means, what are its different states, etc.), and when it disappears, how can I bring it back (and my song lists)?

Dec 6, 2012 6:19 AM in response to Curtis Tucker

I have the same icon; no idea why. I don't have Match and nowhere do I see a configurable iCloud setting (my music should not be backed up to the cloud - I have over 3400 songs; it would take days with my bandwidth). 275 of the songs show up in gray with a cloud/download icon next to them like in the below picture. Those songs are also in the Library 'normally'. What the heck is iTunes doing now that I didn't ask it to do?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iCloud status icon in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.