Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11 wifi device not recognized

iTunes 11 will not recognize my iPad 3 or my iPhone 4s - all on the same network.

I've followed the similar thread over at iTunes for Windows and tried all of those solutions on my mac - but this does not consistently solve the issue.

I can get both devices to appear if I manually plug them in, then turn off and then back on "sync this iDevice over Wi-Fi" in the Summary tab of iTunes. But it I close iTunes and restart it the device is not recgonaized. The only way I have found to recognize it is to turn off WiFi on my iMac, wait a minute, then turn it back on. After a few minutes the devices may show up. I say "may" because this does not always work.

But this must be done each and every time I start up iTunes.

To be honest Wi-Fi syncing has been messed up for the last two versons of iTunes and it is effecting a lot of pepole. Apple really needs to fix this.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.5 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo w/4 Gb ram

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 3:28 PM

There are no replies.

iTunes 11 wifi device not recognized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.