Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dont see the iDVD icon on my iMac? It is not in my Finder.

Where can I finder the iDVD? It is't in my Finder?

iMac

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 2:56 PM

Why is there no iDVD on my new Mac?

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3673

UPDATE & ADDENDUM:

But even though you can still buy iLife 11 that includes iDVD 7 from Amazon, Apple now make it difficult to install:

Poster jhb21939 posted this in another thread:

“when I attempted to load iDVD into a new iMac. A notice came up on the screen stating that the 'Authorisation Licence' had expired on 25 March this year (2012).

I contacted the Apple support team and eventually, I was told that the Licence had been withdrawn and could no longer be used.”

In other words Apple are now so adamant that we don’t use iDVD that they have tried to make it impossible to install.

In response, Old Toad posted this solution:

“You can still use it one all of your Macs. If you get an invalid certificate message just set your Mac's clock to sometime before early 2011 and run the installer. After you're done reset the time back to the correct time.” He added this comment:

“It began after iDVD and iWeb were discontued and they were dropped from the Apple Store. All I can think of is the certificate was set to expire after a certain time period after the intitial iLife disc was released.

I've been able to use the installer even without setting back the date. I just clicked on the Continue button and it would work as expected. For some it would not continue unless the date was set back.”

The latest anorexic iMacs just announced do not even include a CD drive! Proof positive that Apple virtually prohibit the use of DVDs - although the newly announced Mac Minis do include a Superdrive.

Yet, they still include iMovie! Heaven alone knows or understands what you are supposed to do with your newly edited masterpiece - except make a low quality version for YouTube?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2012 2:56 PM in response to Winnerb

Why is there no iDVD on my new Mac?

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3673

UPDATE & ADDENDUM:

But even though you can still buy iLife 11 that includes iDVD 7 from Amazon, Apple now make it difficult to install:

Poster jhb21939 posted this in another thread:

“when I attempted to load iDVD into a new iMac. A notice came up on the screen stating that the 'Authorisation Licence' had expired on 25 March this year (2012).

I contacted the Apple support team and eventually, I was told that the Licence had been withdrawn and could no longer be used.”

In other words Apple are now so adamant that we don’t use iDVD that they have tried to make it impossible to install.

In response, Old Toad posted this solution:

“You can still use it one all of your Macs. If you get an invalid certificate message just set your Mac's clock to sometime before early 2011 and run the installer. After you're done reset the time back to the correct time.” He added this comment:

“It began after iDVD and iWeb were discontued and they were dropped from the Apple Store. All I can think of is the certificate was set to expire after a certain time period after the intitial iLife disc was released.

I've been able to use the installer even without setting back the date. I just clicked on the Continue button and it would work as expected. For some it would not continue unless the date was set back.”

The latest anorexic iMacs just announced do not even include a CD drive! Proof positive that Apple virtually prohibit the use of DVDs - although the newly announced Mac Minis do include a Superdrive.

Yet, they still include iMovie! Heaven alone knows or understands what you are supposed to do with your newly edited masterpiece - except make a low quality version for YouTube?

I dont see the iDVD icon on my iMac? It is not in my Finder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.