Skip navigation

how can I access my old (snow leopard) Time Machine backup on Mountain Lion.

53 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2012 2:16 PM by William H. Magill1 RSS
William H. Magill1 Level 2 Level 2 (200 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 2, 2012 2:16 PM

I have an old Mac Mini (running Snow Leopard) which has been runing Time Machine backups to a Western Digital My Book Studio for several years now.

I just acquired a new Mac Mini (running Mountain Lion (10.8.1) and want to continue using that same drive for Time Machine Backups.

However, Mountain Lion insists on starting over again ignoring (and not even recoginzing the existance of) the Time Machine Backups from Snow Leopard.

When mounted on the New Mac Mini, Time machine does NOT recoginize this disk as "a time machine disk" and does not offer up the "other" backup which is visible via the Finder. (Right click, browse other time machine disks)

And yes, I can physically move the disk back to the old Snow Leopard Mac Mini and it acts just as it always did.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), OSX Server

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.