Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to iTunes v11, but could not sync iPhone 4S' calendar and contacts.

Hello.

This morning, I upgraded my client's MacBook Pro with its upgraded Mac OS X 10.8.2 to get the latest updates (e.g., iTunes v11) released last week. Its upgrades, with the two required reboots, seem to have gone well. However, synchronizing/backing up my client's iPhone 4S (iOS v5) since 9/30/2012 did not include his contacts and calendar. I checked iTunes v11's settings and its checkboxes were unchecked for them. In the past like on 9/30/2012, they were fine. Did iTunes v11 uncheck these by default or was it a bug?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 13.3" MacBook Pro (A1278)

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 2:37 PM

5 replies

Dec 3, 2012 9:16 PM in response to Mac_Classic_1978

Mac_Classic_1978 wrote:

Managed to fix this by turning off the default sync to iCloud on the phone... and as if by apple magic the Sync Contacts / Calendar option(s) becomes available again in itunes to sync back to outlook etc. Hope that helps.

You had all of the problems mentioned? Weird. My client doesn't use iCloud on his iPhone and Mac. Also, he doesn't synchronize to his Mac Office 2011's Outlook.

Upgraded to iTunes v11, but could not sync iPhone 4S' calendar and contacts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.