Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My iPhone Not Working (find iPad but not iPhone)

This one has got me stummped.

Alright. Find my iPhone (within iCloud.com and the app) will NOT find my phone. I have location services enabled (including the "find my iPhone" location service). I have the phone backed up. There are no restrictions set. The actual feature is indeed "on". iCloud information within settings > iCloud is confirmed and correct. I've turned off the service, powred off the device, then turned it back on and enabled the feature once more (that fixed the iPad). I am connected to wifi (even if I wasn't data would be enabled). I have even gone so far as to remove the account off the phone and renable it. Still no dice. What is going on?? Why can't "find my iPhone" find what's its designed to find!!! It'll find the iPad just fine... but not my phone... please help. Would wiping the phone and doing a restore be my only solution? Or is there something enabled that's prohibiting iCloud from finding it?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 3:17 PM

2 replies

Dec 2, 2012 4:54 PM in response to wjosten

I have read that thanks. I went ahead and did a complete restore (did not restore from back up as that had a potential to put bad software back on there) and that solved it for me. Stupid software. Least it's working now though. Guess you have to do a software restore in order to get apple's products to work. :/

Find My iPhone Not Working (find iPad but not iPhone)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.