Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the remote button located in iTunes 11 to input the 4 digit code given by the Remote App?

Under the help section for connecting the Apple Remote App for the iPhone to an iTunes library, it says to open iTunes and click on the "remote button." I have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find it. Does anyone know where it is?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 4:13 PM

18 replies

Sep 15, 2013 8:43 AM in response to meldridge23

I have been trying to get home sharing to work between my iMac and iPhone 4s for three days now and it's just not happening. I can't find a devices tab under iTunes 11, and there is no remote button. This is incredibly frustrating, especially because I just updated to iTunes11 and everything is different. I HATE when companies TAKE control of things AWAY from their end-users.

Nov 11, 2013 4:57 PM in response to meldridge23

It will not show up until your iPhone device shows up in iTunes. Then you click on your iPhone device (or other iOS device) and you can complete the 'pairing'. However, I finally accomplished this (after HOURS of head scratching and internet searching) and minutes later, Remote app told me it can't find the library. Now my iPhone once again does not show up in iTunes again. More head-scratching...

Nov 12, 2013 10:57 AM in response to meldridge23

I got the same issue and found that the home sharing could work in windows...

After some research........after configure the network settings of below.....It's work for me !!!

Check the Network

A general rule to fix the network problem is to restart your home network router. If the problem remains, you can try switch IP4 to IP6. To do so: Open Control Panel > Choose Network and Internet > Select the View network status and tasks under the Network and Sharing Center section > Choose your active network connection > Click the Properties button > If Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) is checked, uncheck it, then click OK > Restart iTunes and check if iTunes Home Sharing will work.

Dec 4, 2013 3:43 PM in response to meldridge23

I HAVE THE SOLUTION TO THIS!

I think this will work, it worked for me!

Just go to Preferences in iTunes, wherever it is, then go to Sharing, and check Share my library on local network. I also checked Home Sharing computers and devices update play counts. Also, make sure that you go to settings on your iPhone or iPod, go to Music, scroll down and sign into Homesharing. And make sure you turn on Homesharing on your iTunes. This should work!!

Dec 15, 2013 7:50 PM in response to L ping

Unchecking Internet Protocol V6 as suggested by L Ping not only cured my problem with home sharing in windows (which started after itunes 11 was installed) but also cured problems with the "choose which speakers to use" button disappearing. Note that in Windows 7 you need to select Network and Sharing Centre in the Control Panel and then follow the rest of L pings instructions.

Where is the remote button located in iTunes 11 to input the 4 digit code given by the Remote App?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.