Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm getting a white screen after deleting languages

I'm sure I did not delete English. I just deleted a few unusual languages and iMac was still working after that. But after a Restart, I'm getting a blank screen and I don't know what to do. I'm running the latest OS version on my iMac (Intel). What else should I do?

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 3:46 PM

7 replies

Dec 2, 2012 5:50 PM in response to vschafer

See this note for Mountain Lion. This Apple note for all other versions is more complete with options.

Sort of net of both ... boot into recovery mode by holding the command and r keys down, bring up Disk Utility and repair the disk. Try to boot. If still a blank screen, reboot into recovery mode and reinstall the operating system.

Dec 4, 2012 4:42 PM in response to BGreg

Thank you, BGreg

I was able to bring up and run Disk Utility. There wasn't much to be repaired and I was happy it would be a good sign but I was wrong. I still have a blank screen.

But before I try to reinstall the operating system, I have a question. My computer was running on 10.8X which was downloaded from App Store. The only OSX I have is an older version (Leopard). Will this work or should I try to get a disk for the latest version?

Dec 11, 2012 1:44 PM in response to BGreg

Sorry for bothering you again, BGreg but unfortunately iMac is asking me to install Lion instead.

I don't know why but it doesn't show another Recovery Mode option that would let me go online and download OS X 10.8 again. And to make things worse, we recently moved to another house and now I can find all my previous disks, but Lion. I'm sure I purchased it online as I always do, but I just can't find my disk. Any other ideas you could possibly share with me?

I'm getting a white screen after deleting languages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.