Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi

I want that my iphone should detect the presence of wifi router and automatically turn on the wifi on the phone.

Is it possible ??

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 6:24 PM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2016 10:08 AM in response to IamArunNirmal

Maybe I redifine your question. It is possible only to connect to wifi, on iPhone or iPad, when I am already registrated. When I am not at home the wifi keeps continuesly asking and showing on wich wifi I need to connec when I use my iPhone. I prefer not that to have a wifi screen continuuesly is poping up. It is very disturbing though.

Is it possible to make an option and connect automaticaly to a wifi network I have chosen before? This filter will exclude other, street, wifi and the pop up will be gone.

Best regards, LS

ps. It is possible to switch of wifi every time you wanna use it for example with a button on your phone, but it will be a bit expansive and time consuming to.

Feb 7, 2016 10:29 AM in response to HQ050

HQ050 wrote:

Maybe I redifine your question. It is possible only to connect to wifi, on iPhone or iPad, when I am already registrated. When I am not at home the wifi keeps continuesly asking and showing on wich wifi I need to connec when I use my iPhone. I prefer not that to have a wifi screen continuuesly is poping up. It is very disturbing though.

Is it possible to make an option and connect automaticaly to a wifi network I have chosen before? This filter will exclude other, street, wifi and the pop up will be gone.

Best regards, LS

ps. It is possible to switch of wifi every time you wanna use it for example with a button on your phone, but it will be a bit expansive and time consuming to.

Please either make your own question thread instead of bumping a 3+ year old thread or continue using the search function of this forum to find a similar question that has an answer that fits your needs.

'Necrobumping' is considered poor etiquette on most Internet forums,

Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.