Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacement for iGoogle as a home page?

I miss my iGoogle home page and don't like or want to use Chrome. Anyone have any suggestions for a replacement that is iGoogle-like for Safari?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 7:15 PM

8 replies

Dec 2, 2012 8:05 PM in response to Linc Davis

Google is no longer offering that service.

iGoogle was a place that users could customize their own news or other content that was refreshed all the time. I could see my RSS feeds, as well as updated weather, news reports, National Geo's "Photo of the Day", Quotes of the Day, stock prices, etc. . . . updated all-in-one place "at a glance" usefulness.

I'm surprised that you hadn't heard of it and all of the hubbub about them pulling it as of Nov. 1, 2012.

Dec 3, 2012 12:08 PM in response to Linc Davis

I'm done with this thread . . . thanks for some help.

What I learned in this process:

1. iGoogle doesn't go away unitl 11/1/13 . . . I had just messed up my home page.

2. Not everyone is aware that "doing a Google search" is NOT the same as "iGoogle"

3. I'll probably continue to use Google as a search engine.

4. more than ever I wish that tech giants wouldn't cause their users problems in their battle ( i.e. - taking Google Maps App off the iPhone - and use I DO know that I can use Google Maps by saving it to my iPhone home page, but the functionality is not nearly the same and Apple's "Maps" App is lame in comparison - no street views).

thanks again.

Replacement for iGoogle as a home page?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.