Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular signal becomes false positive

Everything works fine, except after a while the cellular signal becomes a false positive. By this I mean the upper left corner continue to read "Verizon 4G LTE" with a few bars, but there's actually no signal. All apps that require the Internet doesn't work. It's an easy fix though — in Settings, the Cellular Data has to be turned off, then turned back on. And by "after a while" I mean when it falls into sleep mode after a FaceTime session, then awoken. Not sure exactly how long afterwards. Not sure if it's consistently after one nap or longer. Not sure if running other apps would do the same thing.

Question is:

Is this normal?

I can imagine the upside is that you don't waste data in a prepaid data plan like when background apps continue to run.

The dreadful downside, however, is that any incoming FaceTime call cannot get through.

If this is NOT normal, is it a common glitch/bug/quirk? And how to fix it?

iPad3, OS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 8:18 PM

There are no replies.

Cellular signal becomes false positive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.