I found all this in the Apple documentation:
Creating and Modifying Easy Setups
Final Cut Pro comes with Easy Setups for the most commonly used video formats, such as DV, HDV, DVCPRO HD, and uncompressed 4:2:2 video. If you routinely need a particular combination of presets, you can create a custom Easy Setup. You can also load additional Easy Setups that aren’t automatically installed with Final Cut Pro.
To choose an Easy Setup
- Choose Final Cut Pro > Easy Setup.Note: If this is the first time you’ve opened Final Cut Pro, the Easy Setup window appears automatically after the application opens.
- From the Format pop-up menu, choose a format that matches the footage you want to work with. You can select one of the following:
- A video system, such as NTSC, PAL, or high definition (HD)
- A specific codec, such as DV or HDV
- Click the Use pop-up menu to see all of the Easy Setups related to your choice in the Format pop-up menu.You can further refine the list by choosing a specific frame rate from the Rate pop-up menu.
- Choose an Easy Setup from the Use pop-up menu.
But not in my version of Final Cut Pro