Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad google search language

I have ipad 4 with iOS 6.01. My default language is english although I'm from Croatia. I want google search engine to be in croatian and not in english. Every time I change language inside google settings and I tap the search field language is english again. This is pretty annoying. If I set croatian language on iPad everything is fine, google search is also in Croatian but I don't wanna do this cause Croatian translation inside iOS apps *****. Anyone can help?

iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 3:38 AM

9 replies

Jul 16, 2017 12:09 PM in response to IvoP123

Its funny here In 2017 this "problem" isent solved. Still apple give away my ipads language, so even when abroad google gives me home adds.

It it really too much apple allowing vendor to manipulate iPad users. I must also change my iPad language in order to get some "neutral" search results. This really means that being anonymous is not an option no more.

no thanks to apple.

May 19, 2015 5:48 PM in response to Heathcliff2018

this is funny. That statement tells 'yes, we've designed our product to be inconvenient' 😀 and it's sooo old... and still there.

I know, that the language feature as an option is not that hard to implement. So it's indeed just a design error, that apple doesn't want to fix 🙂

btw. even more hilarious is the fact, that this apple forum does *not* work on iPads 😀

At the moment Apple is telling me 'shame on you! you bought an iPad!' 😀

May 21, 2015 3:18 AM in response to Alfred DeRose

Well, the domain I get displayed is 'apple.com'. So it works under their hood. Even if it's 'User-supported' the technical stuff seems to be from Apple. I can't imagine they would put 'uncertified random stuff' under their domain.

The guy was not talking about an app, as I was thinking. When I talk about the google search engine, I mean the engine google uses for searches. Maybe this is a misunderstanding then. This problem is also visible in usual search / safari search. So it's misunderstandable.

May 21, 2015 7:43 AM in response to Ricky23289

Ricky23289 wrote:

I can't imagine they would put 'uncertified random stuff' under their domain.

There are millions of messages in these forums under Apple's domain, you can post just about anything you want related to solving problems with Apple products. None of it has any official status.

I am curious why you think the forums do not work with the iPad, since I use mine to read and answer questions all the time.

iPad google search language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.