Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod classic no column browser view in itunes11

Since upgraded to iTunes11 there is no column browser view for the music that is on my ipod classic.

For the library that is on the hard drive I can set the view to have the column browser, but it is not available for the music that is on the iPod.

The only view is a long list, which cannot be filtered (only sort by) artist or album. See below.

User uploaded file

This is not Mac OS version related only, same happens on my Windows 7 computer.

I'm using my ipod everyday in my workplace with work computer, therefore for my it is essential to be able to listen the music from iPod on my work computer. In iTunes10 it worked well, I had a column view so I cold quickly navigate and choose the desired album.

But with iTunes11 - without having column browser - it is very cumbersome.

Does anyone know a solution for getting back the column browser for iPod classic in iTunes11 or the only solution is to downgrade to iTunes10?

iPod classic, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 5:13 AM

1 reply

Jul 26, 2015 11:49 PM in response to iKapsel

I'm a senior IT professional with 15 years experience. I've had iPods and used iTunes for at least 10 years. I'm still struggling with this. I don't understand how Apple think I should be managing my music any longer.

What's the difference between "My Music' and "Playlists"? Why do I have "Playlists" on the top menu and on the left menu? Why do I have to make sure I select "Songs" from the top right organising filter, before I can see everything? Why do I have to remember to go through the icon list in the top left to find the other media types? Why can I see my portable devices on in the playlist view of the music area, but can't manage them there, instead being made to go over to the device area?

The interface is horrible. It's such a MESS. It's chaotic and non-intuitive and particularly un-Apple like.

Just fed up.

Its' 2015 and we should be doing GUI better than this now.

ipod classic no column browser view in itunes11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.