Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

03.12.12 i cannot access my MobileMe server.

Today 03.12.12 i cannot access my MobileMe server. I have it as a legacy from last year but have not received any notification that it would be switched off today. I need access to my data - How & who do I need to contact at Apple to help me resolve this?

My iCloud accout is working fine.

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 5:31 AM

11 replies

Dec 3, 2012 8:35 AM in response to appleforsbach

appleforsbach wrote:

I knew it was coming but the comfort of it still working (yesterday all was good) meant I kept taking advantage of it!

You can't have been accessing the server - it's been closed since 1 August (and you will not be able to recover any data from it).

Were you using 'iDisk Syncing'? This is where you have a 'local copy' on your Desktop which in the past would have synced with the server, but obviously has not been doing so. However you would still be able to place data in it, but it has presumably now decided to disappear.

The 'local copy' is sourced from a 'sparsebundle' disk image which lives in (user)/Library/FileSync (and then in a sub-folder) so you may be able to locate that and open it to retrieve your data. However some people have reported difficulty in doing this, suggesting the file had become corrupted. You can only try. I really wouldn't bother contacting Apple: they won't be able to retrieve any of your data.

Dec 3, 2012 3:13 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks Roger.

I have found majority through Time Machine. I haven't been able to locate the file 'sparseimage' on my mac.

I have obviuosly just been saving the data locally but under MobileMe. Today the icon has gone from desktop & when i go to Preferances & try to log in, it doesn't recognize me.

I guess i only need to know if i can find sparseimage.

I have used Spotlight with no success.

Dec 3, 2012 11:32 PM in response to appleforsbach

The file should be in your user library, not the one at root level. However in Lion Apple have hidden the user’s Library folder to casual viewers, in an attempt to stop new Mac users messing their machines up. To access it, in the Finder go to the ‘Go’ menu and hold down the Option (Alt) key; the Library folder will appear as a choice.

03.12.12 i cannot access my MobileMe server.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.