Linc Davis wrote:
Thanks Linc - I think I am my own administrator ! and I have two other computers on our network - but we don't use any network connections however, but share the use of our broadband and printers through the broadband router. So authenticating SOCKS proxies is a little beyond me - let me know if I need to do anything here! I have noticed that Safari is giving me certificate warnings for more and more websites - but the formatting problem appears to be only for the website I showed you above.
Done that and no change
No kids - and parents gone too sadly! So not used
Date and Time are present and correct.....
I did play with the Activity Monitor and found "ocspd" working as it should. Just to be sure I also checked for the two files, and they are not there - which is what I was hoping for.
So Linc ... thanks for taking all this trouble .... Any other ideas? Michael
This issue is something I have also been struggling with for a long time. The incorrect formatting seems to be an issue not only related to Safari for me as it also is seen in the App Store program and in Skypes own browser when logging in there. Here is a list of what have been done so far to solve this and an additional problem with high CPU usage:
- Repair permissions
- Remove caches in system, /library and home/library
- Remove safebrowsing.db
- Remove SIMBL.osax in /library/scripting additions
- Resetting permissions (ACLs) as described in another thread by Linc
- Disable extensions Safari
- Disable Little Snitch
- Oscpd process found, crlcache.db, ocspcache.db deleted, reboot and oscpd process found again
- Guest user account used, App store program still not loading properly
- Filevault has never been activated. Firewall always off.
- Parental controls never activated
- Time/date is correct
- Safe reboot
I suspect there might be a DNS problem but not sure.. The problem has been seen on both my MBA and iMac located in different countries. Both new and updated to newest software.
Best regards Jesper
PS: Attached pics shows App Store program and the top of this discussion as redered by my Safari...