Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I did force shutdown on my MacBook Pro (2006 year, 15.4"), so, when I tried to boot, it shows apple logo (as usual) and shuts down. When I booting MacBook with Option key pressed it shows lock icon and field for password. Please help me.

I did force shutdown on my MacBook Pro (2006 year, 15.4"), so, when I tried to boot, it shows apple logo (as usual) and shuts down. When I booting MacBook with Option key pressed it shows lock icon and field for password. Please help me.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:42 AM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

You have got a firmware password. If you want to reset that password and you don't remember, take the computer to an Apple Store. You will only be able to boot into OS X

6 replies

Dec 3, 2012 8:52 AM in response to Quentin Shipulin

When you had Snow Leopard on the machine you must have set a firmware password.

Stick in your original Snow Leoaprd disk and hold the option key and boot the machine, you can select the Snow Leopard disk to boot from and under the Utilities menu on the Installer screen is Firmware Reset.

http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/disablefirmwarepwp.html

If you can't remmeber your password, then you will need to take the machine to Apple to reset it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.