Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

burn iphoto album to dvd

I successfully burned an album of photos that could be read by Windows (export to folder, burn folder). I'm not having any luck burning the same album directly from iPhoto.

The DVD appears on my desktop as "Untitled DVD." I select the album name in iPhoto and use the "Burn" function in "Share" ... and nothing happens. (I was expecting a window to open up asking about the target.)

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), mid-2011 i5

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 7:47 AM

4 replies

Dec 3, 2012 8:06 AM in response to CTS

That Share- > Burn command will not give you a disk for use with a Windows machine. It's designed to make a mini-iPhoto Library on the disk, which Windows users will find very diffcult to navigate. SO the way you were doing it - (Exporting to a Folder etc) is the right way to do it.

As for why the Share -> Burn command doesn't work... What version of iPhoto do you have?

Dec 3, 2012 8:40 AM in response to CTS

Repair permissions with Disk Utility. If that doesn't help:

Try trash the com.apple.iPhoto.plist file from the HD/Users/ Your Name / library / preferences folder.

(On 10.7+: Hold the option (or alt) key while clicking on the Go menu in Finder to access the User Library)

(Remember you'll need to reset your User options afterwards. These include minor settings like the window colour and so on. Note: If you've moved your library you'll need to point iPhoto at it again.)

What's the plist file?

For new users: Every application on your Mac has an accompanying plist file. It records certain User choices. For instance, in your favourite Word Processor it remembers your choice of Default Font, on your Web Browser is remembers things like your choice of Home Page. It even recalls what windows you had open last if your app allows you to pick up from where you left off last. The iPhoto plist file remembers things like the location of the Library, your choice of background colour, whether you are running a Referenced or Managed Library, what preferences you have for autosplitting events and so on. Trashing the plist file forces the app to generate a new one on the next launch, and this restores things to the Factory Defaults. Hence, if you've changed any of these things you'll need to reset them. If you haven't, then no bother. Trashing the plist file is Mac troubleshooting 101.

burn iphoto album to dvd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.