Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder freezes and does not respond

I have an iMac with an Intel Core i3, using Mac OS X - 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. My finder continually freezes up on me and I have to re-launch the finder various times a day (I'm talking like 30 times a day sometimes). I use a lot of actions in Photoshop and a lot of AppleScripts to make particular files all day long. Sometimes Photoshop will hesitate for about a minute when trying to save tiffs - I usually re-launch the finder and it does fine for awhile. I use to run a script that build my PDF file a certain way and would freeze up when it was using an action in the script to make a picture of it to put it on another server. Now I'm using another more advanced script and it freezes inbetween the making of multiple PDF files - until I re-launch the finder, then it continues. There have been various times no matter what I'm doin, the finder would - "not respond". During these times it would make Illustrator and Photoshop to "not respond", sometimes I have to force quite programs, other times I just re-launch the finder and then everything responds good - for a time. The odd thing about this, is I have swiched machines, using all the same versions and programs, scripts and actions, and still does the same thing. I have moved around the room connecting to another ethernet thinking it might have been the connection, but no luck. I seem to be the only one in my department that has these type of issues to this magnitude. Other people here have had freezes and glitches, but not like me. I use a lot of personalized key commands and the only thing I can think of, is the combination of my personalized key commands in all programs, all the actions and all the scripts I use, may be a little too much for the iMac with Snow Leopard to handle. Plus we are hooked up to multiple servers with the scripts telling certain files to go to certain directories. Note: simply restarting does not fix any of this. Does anybody have any ideas about this issue???

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 8:41 AM

There are no replies.

Finder freezes and does not respond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.