Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i stop syncing apps in itunes 11 to my iphone?

The older version, i could uncheck sync apps, but i cannot see that box in itunes 11.

Does anyone know where this is in the new itunes?

Thanks

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 9:47 AM

6 replies

Apr 1, 2014 8:26 AM in response to AdamNJ77

I have the exact same problem. When I sync I get loads of apps that fill up my phone long before any music gets there (I don't want ANY apps on my phone at all). The only solution I have found by looking at other threads is to manually delete the apps from the cpu library, this doesn't work for me because I'm sharing the cpu with ppl who DO want some of the apps.

I could tick the apps in the old itunes version so why not the new one??

I really think I'll be getting an android phone next :-(

Apr 1, 2014 8:42 AM in response to fairplay

Ok I FINALLY figured out a solution to this problem. I had to install all of the apps (which took 43 mins) then slowly delete them all from my iphone screen.

The cause of everyone's anger and frustration regarding this (which people offering help missed) is that the option to not sync the apps is ONLY available after you have installed them all at least once on your phone.

I have no idea why this is a new feature of the ios7 but it ***** monkey hats and has consumed a better part of my only day off this week.

Tech rage!!

How do i stop syncing apps in itunes 11 to my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.