Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro keeps 'updating'

My wife's 13" MacBook Pro (Late 2011) is running Snow Leopard, and every time I run Software Update, it shows the same 15 or 20 updates that are needed- even though I have run Software Update several times in the past and *supposedly* downloaded and installed those same updates. There are a couple firmware updates included in this list, which I assume should have also updated. Every time I've run the update process, it shows download and install progress- even to the point of restarting the machine- but the same available updates show up when I run Software Update again. How do I know that these updates are actually installed- and if not, how can I get them to actually complete the installation? I know checking the version numbers of specific apps, like iPhoto, would indicate that actual updating has occurred, but that doesn't explain the firmware updates constantly being listed.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:00 AM

1 reply

MacBook Pro keeps 'updating'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.