Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator Mountain Lion 10.8.2 trying to copy/paste folder

I got a folder which we'll call:

Macintosh\users\OlsonBW\Documents\folder1

and I want to user Automator to copy the contents of "folder1" and past it into

Macintosh\users\OlsonBW\Desktop\folder1

How do you do that in Automator? I see how to copy the folder. I don't see how to paste it using Automator and I want it to replace, without asking, the whole contents from Documents\folder1 to Desktop\folder1

Note that I want to do this over and over (a quick and easy backup for developing something) with an icon on my Mac desktop. Basically I want to see if something works. If it does, I want a quick and instant backup of that (I also use Time Machine but I'm not always at home and I'm fine if I write over anything as I can always retore from Time Machine when I get back home.

So ... anybody know how to do this? No I don't want to buy or use another program. If you don't know how to do this with Automator just skip on to the next question on the boards. I'm not trying to be rude. I'm just trying to save both of us time. Thanks in advance.

PS: Why doesn't Automator have its own board? I would use this utility a lot more, 1) If it was easier to use, and 2) If I could find things in one place instead of having to search for Automator each time plus whatever I'm looking for.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5), I have Mac OS X 10.8.2

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 11:02 AM

3 replies

Dec 3, 2012 12:53 PM in response to Eric Root

While I've used Macs for a long time (1998) I've never got into scriping. Yes, I know, very lame. I used to have lots of computers with different operating systems and got burned out on it. When I moved to Mac I just never touched scripts. But I have done lots of things with iMovie.

He says that he created a script to do what he needs but he doesn't list the script so I have nothing to go on. And what the first reply was trying to say passed mostly over my head into making me confused and lost.

Automator Mountain Lion 10.8.2 trying to copy/paste folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.