Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 9.4.2 and Aperture 3.3

I opened my Aperture 3.3 photo library with iPhoto 9.4.2 ; it worked fine.

But from then on, I can no longer open the iPhoto9.4.2-updated photo library with Aperture 3.3.

The error message says (in French, my usual language) : "Warning - impossible to load the library because it comes from a *newer* version of Aperture".

Why doesn't the "unified library concept" (from iPhoto 9.3 and Aperure 3.3) work by me ??

Am I losing my 30.000 photos ??

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 11:52 AM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

You don't lose your data. Open  > Software Update and update Aperture to the most recent version

7 replies

Dec 3, 2012 12:03 PM in response to léonie

Thank you mende1 and leonieDf for your quik and helpul answers.

I've updated to Aperture 3.4.3 which is currently rebuilding my library.

Don't you this page http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5296 should be then modified/updated ?

Summary

Aperture 3.3 (or later) and iPhoto 9.3 (or later) use a new library format that lets you open both iPhoto and Aperture libraries using either application. This "unified" library format also allows you to merge multiple Aperture and iPhoto libraries together to create a single library with all your photos. You can then continue to use the library in both iPhoto and Aperture.

As far as I'm concerned it shoudl mention that iPhoto 9.4 requires Aperture 9.4, or something like that...

iPhoto 9.4.2 and Aperture 3.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.