Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are the pros and cons of iTunes 11?

iTunes 11-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 11:01 AM

Hating the new way (well actually not so new as it was the same in the last version) iTunes displays (or not) the artwork, it's far too small. I've lost the colour to my music collection. 😟

Pros......... erm....... still looking for them...........

6 replies

Dec 3, 2012 11:25 AM in response to MRBarrett27

Some people like that it seems faster (not always) and do like some of the new features. Others heartily dislike the fact it removed a number of old features. Of course complaints will always far outnumber "likes" on this forum. Review the features that disappeared and decide if they matter to you.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57556548-37/7-features-apple-killed-off-in-itu nes-11/

Dec 10, 2012 5:14 AM in response to MRBarrett27

Pro: Can't think of one. Okay, it's prettier. But that's it.

Okay, there's a way to turn the Navigation Sidebar back on. No, that's not a Pro. It's a not-Con.

Con: Usability all shot to ****. Everything takes 3 clicks more even if it's still around. Just seeing stuff takes clicking now or at least a mouseover.

eg. How much space is left on my iPod? How big is this episode? Will it fit? Yes, I turn it on manually cause I'm fighting for every last MB. If I turn on everything I want, it won't ever sync cause there's not enough space.

Customizability: Can't figure out how to show all my tv show episodes grouped by show. Either it's a list, but not grouped, or it's an album view but no detail on all the episodes, or it's just the unwatched ones. If it's possible, why have me hunt around in circles? If it's not, why isn't it possible?

By default the navigation sidebar is turned off. So when in the Store you have to switch from the Store to the Library and only then can you eject your iPod. Who designed this??

Dec 21, 2012 3:11 AM in response to MRBarrett27

Pros

Non

Cons

3 steps forwards, 2 steps back - not intuitive - dummed down -

Rumour has it the person who designed it has been sacked - rightly so

Apple once again show thier arrogance by making shure you cannot revert back to iTunes 10

auto-fill on iphone dodgy

No more Dj Playlist

Can no longer open multiple playlist windows

Horizontal Album & artist list mean endless scrolling

No more Cover flow

Steve jobs would be spinning in his grave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.