Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

volume control on new mini player??

Why oh why is there no easily accessible volume control on the v11 iTunes??

I have to click the album artwork with spawns a new window just to adjust the volume!

Was this intentional? An oversight?

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Quad 2.66 (nehalem)

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 12:53 PM

10 replies

Dec 3, 2012 1:45 PM in response to Chelicerata

Actually you can use Command+up/down... that still works. But you still have to click on the mini player if you're in another app before you do it, then take your hands off the mouse to do the keyboard shortcut... sounds trivial but as many times as I do it in a day it's a pain in the neck.

Just seems like such a glaring ommision. But they left the Airplay button on the miniplayer... like how many times are you going to be switching between speakers that you need it on there?? Ugg.

Dec 3, 2012 1:58 PM in response to Dickie7

Hmm, how about that. Could have sworn it didn't work before (command-up and -down).

But then again I could have sworn that I used to (in iTunes11) be able to toggle the Column Browser for playlists, and now it's greyed out except in the full music library.

Good luck continuing to try and rebuild your working relationship to this usability mess 😎. I'm doing my best myself!

Oct 6, 2014 4:22 AM in response to Chelicerata

Chelicerata wrote:

At least they could have left the command-up and command-down arrows for adjusting the volumes. That could have given them their precious simplified design.

Soo...much....clicking...in iTunes 11 😕

The problem the the "command-up" and "command-down" is if iTunes is not the active window then this key-commands to other things. I have just noted if Safari is active these key's scroll the page.

volume control on new mini player??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.