Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reinstall iphoto

dear all,

recently my Mac crashed (lost power) whilst iphoto was importing from my iphone.

now when i start iphoto nothing happens. it fires up but the gui just sits there with nothing on there i.e. white background only. I then have to kill the non responsive app.

my version of mac is Mac OS X version 10.6.8. iLife with all the apps were preinstalled when i received my mac so i was wondering how i can deinstall iphoto and reinstall.

anyone out there, please help!

many thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iphoto

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 1:04 PM

iPhoto is on the restore disks that came with yoru computer - but the issues is not with the iPhoto application but with its data - the iPhoto library

what version of iPhoto do you have?

The probable answer is Back up your iPhoto library, Depress and hold the option (alt) and command keys and launch iPhoto - rebuild your iPhoto library

LN

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2012 1:04 PM in response to yetiDundee

iPhoto is on the restore disks that came with yoru computer - but the issues is not with the iPhoto application but with its data - the iPhoto library

The probable answer is Back up your iPhoto library, Depress and hold the option (alt) and command keys and launch iPhoto - rebuild your iPhoto library

LN

Dec 3, 2012 5:17 PM in response to yetiDundee

iPhoto is on the restore disks that came with your computer - but the issues is not with the iPhoto application but with its data - the iPhoto library

Ok - if you lost them contact Apple - see if they will replace them for a reasonable price

And

The probable answer is

1 - Back up your iPhoto library,

2 - Depress and hold the option (alt) and command keys and

3 - launch iPhoto

4 - rebuild your iPhoto library

LN

reinstall iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.