Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match music only visible in playlists on Laptop

I have a home computer (iMac) that has my music library on it. I set up iTunes match from that computer. It's now finished uploading (Steps 1, 2 & 3). I've turned on Match on my iPhone and that is all working fine...

However...

On my laptop, I've turned on Match. It says it's finished the process and all the music should be available. My library looks empty though except for one album that happens to be the only iTunes LP I ever bought. My library appears empty under the tabs: Songs, Artists, Albums, Genres. However the playlists from my iMac are visible - I can click on them and any songs in them do play. I also created Genius playlists and all of my music is playable within those also.

But outside of playlists, I can't find my music. Where is the main library? Should the artists tab etc be empty? Am I missing something here?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), iTunes 11.0

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 3:18 AM

I've now fixed this.

I took my laptop to work onto a different and better wifi network. Turned off iTunes Match. And then turned it back on again. Problem solved. Library now visible.

1 reply

iTunes Match music only visible in playlists on Laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.