Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How find old photo book data?

Multiple issues:

I have an old MBP (2008, running 10.6.8), an iMac (2011, running ML), and a new MacBook Pro (2012, running ML). I originally worked on a photo book through iPhoto on the old MBP, but it was slow so I wanted to start doing all of my photo stuff on the iMac. I turned sharing on and was able to access my iPhoto library, however, it said I needed to upgrade my iPhoto library. I said yes, go ahead and do the upgrade on the iMac, but then it said it couldn't complete it because some of the files had errors. I went through the same process on my new MBP and was able to upgrade the iPhoto library on the old MBP no problem. Now, I can access the iPhoto library on my new MBP, but not on my iMac (issue #1). However, I wanted to reprint the photo book I had created before and I cannot find it when I open the iPhoto library on my new MPB (issue #2).

(Issue #1): When I try to open the iPhoto library on the iMac, it says the library is locked, I don't have permission to enter. But all sharing is open, and on, and says that iPhoto is version 7 instead of version 9.

(Issue #2): When I created the photo book, I created an album, and then went through the arduous process of picking pictures, picking a layout, typing words, etc. I was able to see it on the old MBP through iPhoto before I upgraded the library, but since I can't go "back" with iPhoto, I want to know how I can go back and access the original library, settings, albums, photo book, etc.

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 6:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 8:02 AM

Connect the two Macs together (network, firewire target mode, etc) and rename the old iPhoto library, drag the iPhoto library intact as a single entity from the old Mac to the pictures folder of the new Mac - depress the option key and launch iPhoto on the new mac, select the old library and it will open the library and convert it as needed and you will be ready move forward. to switch back to your normal library option launch again

LN

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2012 8:02 AM in response to caj30

Connect the two Macs together (network, firewire target mode, etc) and rename the old iPhoto library, drag the iPhoto library intact as a single entity from the old Mac to the pictures folder of the new Mac - depress the option key and launch iPhoto on the new mac, select the old library and it will open the library and convert it as needed and you will be ready move forward. to switch back to your normal library option launch again

LN

How find old photo book data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.