Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone stuck in guided access and i dont have an access code. how do I fix this?

My iPhone decided I should try Guided Access but I can't get out of it now. I do not have an access code and id I did set one during setup I have forgotten it. How can I get out of guided access to disable it?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 7:51 PM

4 replies

Dec 6, 2012 8:48 AM in response to wjosten

Didn't work for me. The first thing it brings up is "Starting Guided Access" on the reboot and I can't do anything. Maybe I am doing it wrong or am just too slow to try and close the Safari window (Safari was the locked in app). Apple support said restore as "New phone", disable setting, and then restore from a back up. Sounded wrong but I tried it. As soon as I restore from back up it is back at the "Starting Guided Access" again. Had no choice but to restore to factory settings and rebuild phone from scratch. Kiddo lost a few photos but had all the contacts backed up to iPad and music in iTunes so it wasn't too painful.

iphone stuck in guided access and i dont have an access code. how do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.