Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Port forwarding/adding IPcamera via Airport Extreme Can't possibly be this complex, can it?

Any other new router has WPS (that youcan disable to rpevent hackers) and lets you connect to IP cameras. Not AE. I use apple because I am not a programmer. Am I missing something, or is Apple? Suggestions appreciated.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 7:50 PM

4 replies

Dec 4, 2012 10:52 AM in response to mauricebond

No doubt the WPS implementation on the AirPort routers is a bit lacking but it does exist. To access it, you would need to use AirPort Utility v5.x.

AirPort Utility > Select your Extreme > Manual Setup > From the utility's menu bar, select Base Station, and then, Add Wireless Clients. You will then be presented with the Wireless Client Setup Assistant where you can choose one of two WPS methods that the AirPorts support.

Dec 4, 2012 3:01 PM in response to Tesserax

I do appreciate your response, but it kinda goes back to my original post-- I am not programmer or geek (NO offense intended, we all need geeks and they're generaly very nice folks)-- I use apple because it works-- now I need to do work arounds and install old software through a third party vendor.....

I think I'm just gonna get a new, non-airport, router. Their speeds are faster and connectivy is simpler.

I hated typing that. I love Apple, but this is just isn't what I signed up for.

Again, Thanks.

Maurice

Port forwarding/adding IPcamera via Airport Extreme Can't possibly be this complex, can it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.