Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is iphone 5 switch to vibrate mode malfunctioning for anyone else?

I just received a replacement Iphone 5 for my first one that had a malfunctioning speaker.... First flip to vibrate mode and it doesn't switch... didn't really notice for a day or so until today in a meeting. (BLEEP beep BLEEP)....

I noticed if I press slightly it switches to vibrate but if I remove pressure it goes back to normal mode.

Are all the new iphones going to have faulty hardware? If so back the 4 I go. lol ... I can't really afford to have a constant 700 debit holding with apple.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 9:50 PM

1 reply

Dec 4, 2012 2:41 AM in response to braquetb

I appear to be having the same problem. I never had any speaker issues but when I press around the vibrate switch it jumps back and forth between vibrate and sound mode and is rather annoying. First problem I've had with any iPhone so far and if it keeps up I might go to the Apple Store this weekend. I tried restarting, haven't restored, but somehow I don't think it is a software issue.

Is iphone 5 switch to vibrate mode malfunctioning for anyone else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.