Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie 11 fit does not fit

Hi,

Very strange: I have been using iMovie 11 for quite some time now and only today I discovered a problem with using DV 4:3 material. I want to show these clips in their original 4:3 format with black stripes on either side, which works fine, except I noticed the original dimensions of the clip don't correspond to the clip's format when it is imported to the timeline. I choose "Fit" in the crop/rotation menu and at first sight it looks allright, but taking a closer ook reveals the clip is zoomed in, cutting parts of the video. I have seen no options to either activate or deactivate this behaviour.

See screenshots below. The first one shows the clip in the preview window being cut off when selected in the timeline. The second screenshot shows the preview window when selecting the source clip on the same frame. You can see in the original clip the boy can bee seen in total, but in the clip in the timeline his head is chopped off

Have any of you experienced the same and is there a solution ?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iMovie '11

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 2:27 AM

2 replies

imovie 11 fit does not fit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.