Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gift tokens from France for USA?

I live in France and yesterday created an i-tunes account in order to give my grandson in the USA a gift token for Christmas. It appears that he cannot use it as he does not have a "French" i-tunes account. Any ideas? or can I claim a rebate?

gift token-OTHER

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 4:22 AM

Gift cards are country-specific, so the ones that you can buy in France can only be used in France with French iTunes account. If you don't know anybody else in France that you could sell or give it to then you can try contacting iTunes support and see if they will refund or credit you (if they do then they are more likely to credit your iTunes account as opposed to refunding a credit card, so selling the card might be a better option if you don't use iTunes yourself) : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ - click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page, then Purchases, Billing & Redemption

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2012 4:22 AM in response to jofromfrance

Gift cards are country-specific, so the ones that you can buy in France can only be used in France with French iTunes account. If you don't know anybody else in France that you could sell or give it to then you can try contacting iTunes support and see if they will refund or credit you (if they do then they are more likely to credit your iTunes account as opposed to refunding a credit card, so selling the card might be a better option if you don't use iTunes yourself) : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ - click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page, then Purchases, Billing & Redemption

Gift tokens from France for USA?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.