Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing with FCP7 - Problem: Echo Sound

Dear everyone,

I am editing a project with FCP7.

The footage I am dealing with is from a Cannon 300 (.MXF) I have converted the original files into ProRessHQ by installing the Canon XF MPEG2 plug in I have been able to convert everything pretty quickly through the Log&Capture.

I am now having troubles syncing the video to the external audio (originally .wav now converted to .aiff), basically the merged clips are coming out with a weird echo sound, also the in point of each Merged clips appear to be broken and with a red line (I have never experienced this before). Please find pics attached.

I know that the system generates 4 sound tracks once the sync is done and I will have to keep 2 tracks but I am not sure if the robotic sound is related to this. I have synced before but this is the first time that this problem occures!

I'd appreciate if you could guys suggest me something asap, I will have to deliver the project soon.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

ValUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 4:18 AM

5 replies

Dec 4, 2012 7:29 AM in response to VR84

VR84 wrote:

I know that the system generates 4 sound tracks once the sync is done and I will have to keep 2 tracks but I am not sure if the robotic sound is related to this.

I think I'm not quite following (not unusual). To clarify: You have 4 tracks in your merged clip and you're going to retain 2 of them? Are these 4 tracks from the camera mic and your external source?

How did you sync?

Russ

Dec 4, 2012 8:17 AM in response to VR84

OK. Then I would think you'll want to discard the onboard mic tracks before merging – or disabling them – or not merging at all. But your report of an echo seems to indicate that your sync is off by a hair, so you might want to inspect those clap wave forms very closely.

If you haven't already done this, check out Plural Eyes @ Red Giant. Great product for FCP. I think it's $100, but they have a trial version. (Finally, FCPX also has a trial version and its syncing feature appears to be pretty solid.)

Good luck.

Russ

Dec 4, 2012 9:41 AM in response to VR84

If you no longer need the camera audio and your sync is good, in the Time Line option click on the tracks you want to discard and then delete.

Or select and delink (command L) audio, delete the camera audio then relink the remaining tracks.

If you didn't want to delete you could also disable the entire tracks by pressing the audible icons on the left of the TL or selected clips by delinking and disabling (control B).

Russ

Syncing with FCP7 - Problem: Echo Sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.