Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to input an audio instrument into a side chain of another plugin?

OK I've been a Logic user since version 3.5 and I've recently got the most recent version (from version 5.5.1 on PC) and I was wondering why there still isn't the ability to input a signal from an audio instrument into one of the many plugins that have sidecahin capabilities? I ask this because I constantly find myself wanting to do this and end up having to bounce down the audio from the said audio instrument before being able to input it into the side chain of the plugin I'm using. I kind of accepted this long winded procedure on the very earlier version I was using but I really thought that by now on version 9.1.8 they would have implemented this feature. Now if there is a way and I'm just being a bit thick (which happens LOL) then if someone here could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 9:06 AM

Just set the ouput of the instrument to a bus, then use that as the side chain input.

2 replies

Is there a way to input an audio instrument into a side chain of another plugin?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.