Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Download Mountain Lion on a Mac Mini 2012

I just got my Mac Mini in the mail yesterday. I opened it up and updated to 10.8.2. Then I tried to download Mountain Lion to make bootable USB key so that I could install Mountain Lion onto a Samsung 830 SSD.

But I cannot download mountain Lion and using the restore partition on the Mac mini does not work. i.e. once it copies files to the SSD it cannot boot from the SSD and setup the install files.

Any help is appreciated.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 8:05 AM

4 replies

Dec 4, 2012 1:22 PM in response to BDAqua

Here are the 2 scenarios in which I am having problems.

1) If I try to "Download" Mountain Lion while running OSX Mountain Lion off of the Factory installed 1TB HDD it gives me an error, "We could not complete your purchase. OS X Mountain Lion is not compatible with this computer.". (I seem to have read that this should be fixed in the 10.8.3 update).

2) If I boot to the recovery partition and try to install the User Installed 256 GB SSD (Samsung 830 current firmware) Mountain Lion downloads perfectly fine and once the computer restarts the SSD cannot boot and continue the setup of the OS.

I cannot run the Installer.app from the HDD it won't open and I cannot download it.

The SSD is a separate drive that I installed.

Can't Download Mountain Lion on a Mac Mini 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.