Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Debit Card

Earlier I was using my Axis Bank Debit Card as my preferred method of payment on iTunes Store India and AppStore for Mac,iPhone and iPad but now from the last few days,the iTunes Store is not accepting this payment method.

What can I do ?

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 1:16 AM

I am having the exct same issue. My Axis Bank debit card is not being accepted since past few days even though I have used the same card to make purchases before. Everytime I feed in the payment information, it says that the Payment Method is not accepted.

Is it that Apple now accepts only credit cards?

9 replies

Jan 3, 2013 1:07 AM in response to -sat-

Update regarding the above post by me:: This is the msg im getting.

itunes login asking me pay again for a paid app which i paid for already and my bank acc is also showing the charge.

It is not letting me update even free apps now.

IT says:

we are unable to authorise ur payment card for this purchase. Pls update ur billing info.

It says i owe ₹55/-

but as u can see below which is a screen shot of my banks window i have paid ₹60/-and it is already debited frm my acc to apple.

Sl.No

Date

Description

CR/DR

Trxn. Amount

31/12/12

MAST-POS/APPLE ITUNES STORE-INR ITUNES

DR

Why am i being told to pay again???

Jul 2, 2016 2:40 AM in response to IamArunNirmal

I had the same problem, turns out that the Indian Debit Card systems, especially Visa cards works on "Verified by Visa" portal. You might have noticed during another transaction where you are redirected to a secure server to enter either online password, OTP or Card Pin. In other countries this procedure is not followed and hence the system is not able to process and the merchant (Visa) tries to form a secure connection and Itunes tries to carry out transaction. There is a similar issue with PayPal too.

Thus, Credit cards comes into picture.

I hope this answers your queries.

Thanks.

Shrujal.

Debit Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.