Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Email to Outlook....AGAIN!

This a recurring problem that happens each time Apple update Aperture and now its a pain in the backside.

Just did another update and now I cannot click the 'Email' button to allow Aperture to use Outlook to email

photos. The reason I send them via Outlook and not Mail is that Mail embeds the picture in the main body of

the email (annoying) and Outlook sends them as attachments.

Anyone out there know why this keeps happening.

I click 'email', its says 'exporting' in the status bar at the bottom, Outlook opens and nothing!

Aperture 3

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 9:14 AM

3 replies

Dec 8, 2012 2:39 AM in response to Dennis_S

I hope you send a bug-report to Apple: http://www.apple.com/feedback/aperture.html

The reason I send them via Outlook and not Mail is that Mail embeds the picture in the main body of

the email (annoying) and Outlook sends them as attachments.

As a work-around, while you are waiting for a bug-fix, you can prevent Mail from showing images embedded in the main body of the Mail by using a Terminal command:

defaults write com.apple.mail DisableInlineAttachmentViewing -bool yes

See Alberto Ravasioo'spost for more detail:

Re: How to stop Mail from showing **** images?;

And to get the attachments out of the way, set Mail like this in the main menu bar:

Edit > Attachments > Always insert attachments at the end of the message

Edit > Attachments > Always send windows-friendly attachments

Regards

Léonie

Cannot Email to Outlook....AGAIN!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.