Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you use multiple speakers option on itunes using both an airplay speaker and a bluetooth speaker simultaneously?

I currently have the Bose Airplay speakers in my living room. I wish to purchase another speaker for the kitchen but don't want to spend a whole lot so am looking at Bluetooth options.

If I wanted to stream my music simultaneously to both speakers via my desktop, will I be able to choose the multiple speakers option and stream to both airplay and bluetooth speakers?

Thanks!

Airplay-OTHER

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 10:32 AM

3 replies

Jan 16, 2014 10:05 PM in response to mac2lad

You can do it but there is a delay from the bluetooth speaker. You'll need an iphone or ipad using the Apple app "Control", airplay setup, bluetooth speaker, and an Apple laptop or desktop.

I used my laptop to connect to my bluetooth speaker so that sound streams to my bluetooth device. Then, on my iphone I opened Control and connect the music to my airplay and my laptop at the same time. The music goes to your airplay speaker, and then to my laptop which then blue tooths it to my speaker. But, as I said the bluetooth takes an extra step to stream it and so the music is not in sync. Its like a second and a half delay....

Can you use multiple speakers option on itunes using both an airplay speaker and a bluetooth speaker simultaneously?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.