Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems with screen sensitivity

Is anyone having problems with the screen sensitivity on iPhone 5? I can barely talk on the phone - the

proximity to my face causes it to randomly hit mute, speaker, face time etc.. Sometimes the screen

locks and I have to reboot.

I took it to the Apple store and they said it was because of the Otterbox case I was using - that it

was blocking a sensor. I switched to the Tech21 case they suggested, but am still having the

same problem. I won't be close to an Apple store until this week-end - thought someone else may

have had the problem and possibly have a fix??? Thx!

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 11:20 AM

4 replies

Dec 4, 2012 12:36 PM in response to brewerdl

It sounds like it's a hardware issue, try doing a hard reset to see if it works, hold down home button and sleep/wake button until restart. You can go to the Apple Store and have Apple look at it again and they could fix it or replace the phone for you. Backup everything to your computer first using iTunes. This is a problem a few people are having and the only thing that could help you is to have Apple take a look at it. Tell them it's not the case that's causing problems.

problems with screen sensitivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.