Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best digital audio interface for Garageband on Macbook Air?

Hi everyone, fairly new to all this stuff. I'd love to record some songs in garageband using my electic and acoustic guitars, and a microphone for vocals. I soon learnt for this I'd require a digital audio interface so I began my research.

I'm on a Macbook air so I saw I'd need one that runs from USB... and after a bit more searching I found Apogee seem to be a recommendable company.

Can anyone point me in the direction of one of their products (or any companies' product) that will do the job of recording my guitar (from a standard jack cable) and my vocals (from a standard band-style microphone) that will 100% work with Garageband on my Macbook Air via USB? I'm on a budget of as cheap-as- possible, but I'd like a fair amount of quality in the product, so any price you can reccomend will be considered.

Any help is greatley appreciated, apologies if this is not the relevant section or even site to ask this question.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 3:27 PM

You can have the best or you can have cheap but not both. Good interfaces start around $80 and great ones can be several thousands.

I bought several items from sweetwater lately and really like them. So here is a link to usb interfaces. Any of the other big music supply store will have equal deals.

http://www.sweetwater.com/c695--USB_Audio_Interfaces

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2012 3:27 PM in response to connellkent

You can have the best or you can have cheap but not both. Good interfaces start around $80 and great ones can be several thousands.

I bought several items from sweetwater lately and really like them. So here is a link to usb interfaces. Any of the other big music supply store will have equal deals.

http://www.sweetwater.com/c695--USB_Audio_Interfaces

Dec 4, 2012 4:41 PM in response to isteveus

Thanks very much, I shall certainly look into that website.

However, I'll just ask simply now; can anyone reccomend me a good (at least) 2-in digital audio interface that will work with a MacBook Air via USB connection that can record vocals from a mic and guitar (through a jack cable) that will function with Garageband?

Many thanks in advance for any further assitance.

Nov 2, 2013 4:26 AM in response to connellkent

I have a similar question: I want to record from my Yamaha stereo receiver onto my Mac Air, I guess using Garage Band. Specifically, I get SiriusXM radio on my stereo (not an internet subscription). Is there a simple way of connecting the output of my receiver/tuner to the Mac? I would hook it up to a sirius station, let it record for several hours, then go back and edit the songs that I want to keep on Garage Band, and then put it on iTunes to listen whenever. I don't wany anything fancy.

Best digital audio interface for Garageband on Macbook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.