Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Merge

I am sure that this has been asked and answered numerous times, but I am new to iWorks and Apple and I need help!

I have a list of addresses in a table form in a numbers document (converted from Excel) and I would like to do a mail merge to print envelopes in Pages

How can I do that? I thought it would be more intuitive than it is. I tried a few things like inserting merge fields but when I chose my data file it said i need to choose a numbers documents that has one or more named header columns and one or more rows of data?

I am just used to excel/word and am at a complete loss right now.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 12:48 PM

2 replies

Dec 4, 2012 4:51 PM in response to warren4osu

You need to designate a row as a header row in the Numbers table. Imported spreadsheets don't mark the first row as a header row. If the top row does contain the labels, hover the cursor over the row number, click the down-facing arrow that appears & choose convert to header row.

If you don't have a row with labels to convert, add a header row using the Table menu or click the icon (middle icon) in the format bar then type in the labels.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Dec 4, 2012 10:38 PM in response to warren4osu

You can also import all those addresses into Address Book which the central store for such information on the Mac and can be used to merge individual VCards or multiple VCards arranged as groups.

Address Book is also the best place tom print your envelopes from, there is a great deal of control in the Print dialog box for formatting the addresses, adding your return address and even adding graphics.

Peter

Mail Merge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.