Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off Reload on Back?

Has anyone figured out how to stop Safari 6 from reloading pages when you hit back? ie make it use the cached version since that's what it's there for? I saw somewhere awhile ago it was some strange part of the current version of webkit but I'm hoping someone has figured out how to disable it by now.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 7:54 PM

Aha!

This may have been answered somewhere but I didn't see it. So I'm answering myself in case it helps someone else.

Safari doesn't reload upon hitting back, it only reloads when you use the two finger swipe back on the trackpad. So I've jsut gone back to hitting the back button which doesn't do this. Kind of dumb to have them do different behaviors but whatever, anything that fixes the problem I guess.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2012 7:54 PM in response to digitalrhino

Aha!

This may have been answered somewhere but I didn't see it. So I'm answering myself in case it helps someone else.

Safari doesn't reload upon hitting back, it only reloads when you use the two finger swipe back on the trackpad. So I've jsut gone back to hitting the back button which doesn't do this. Kind of dumb to have them do different behaviors but whatever, anything that fixes the problem I guess.

How to turn off Reload on Back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.