Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iTunes 11 … How do you download and update iPhone Apps?

Now that Apple has quaintly updated iTunes to version 11, I can no longer find the Applications listing on the LHS column which allowed easy updating of Applications prior to an iPhone synch. Gone through all of the menus and tabs but nada. I'm needing to do this as iOS 6 has a bad habit of "hanging" application uploads and a MUCH SLOWER wireless connection ... not to mention crappy install times. Any suggestions short of using Android?! I'm also finding it interesting that Apple hasn't updated their search engines or databases to understand/accept iTunes11 OR iOS6. I hate to say it's the beginning signs of a crumbling infrastructure. Something Steve would never accept! ... and HEY ... I OWN a chunk of Apple Stock!!

iPhone 4, Other OS, Actually using iOS6

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 9:14 PM

3 replies

Dec 6, 2012 3:37 PM in response to Dominick Issi

OK ... so after MUCH head scratching I've learned the following:

To get to the Apps section of your iPhone:

(1) Synch your iPhone (iPod)

(2) From the top Left hand drop down menu in the iTunes window, select "Apps"

(3) After your Apps all show in the window, go to the bottom Right hand side and you'll find the number of "Updates Available". Click on that radio button and it'll download the updated apps.

(4) iTunes will bring up your "My App Updates" window

(5) Select the "Download All Free Updates" symbol and download

(6) Select the "Done" radio button

The App Store will then load onto your next window.

(7) You can then select the "library" radio button in the top Right hand side and you'll see your "iPhone/iPod" radio button appear on the top Right hand side of your next window. Select and synch!

Sort of a convoluted method ... but it works!!

Dec 9, 2012 3:17 PM in response to Dominick Issi

There is an easier way ..... If you look in the "view" menu, you will see an option to show the sidebar. This now makes iTunes look more like the old version, it will show your devices, and your apps, with the number of available updates against it, just like the old one. If you click on "apps" you can then see the updates and download them, and sync them as before. Thankfully, after a lot of frustration, I can now see my iPhone and iPad and sync them properly!

Using iTunes 11 … How do you download and update iPhone Apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.