Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just moved, and Mail doesn't work at home (no accounts will connect to the server). It's able to connect to the internet and works fine @ Apple store's genius bar, but not at home.

I just moved into a new apartment and my Mail will now not work at home (no accounts will connect to the server). I have an iCloud (MobileMe) account and a Gmail account. I opened the mail connection doctor and here's what it says:

User uploaded file

So, it is able to connect to the internet and works fine at the Apple store's genius bar, but not at home. My iphone has been working and syncing without any issues, but I can't access anything on my Mac's Mail account. I tried unchecking the SSL box in my settings (as it suggests above), but that didn't fix anything. To be honest, I'm not even sure what any of that jargon means (sigh).

User uploaded file

Is it something with my roommate's wireless router? She has a PC and I don't know what I would try to change in her settings (her dad set up our wireless internet). That's all I can think of fixing. I live 5 hours from the closest Apple store, so I'd appreciate any insight or advice! (I'll be checking any replies with my iphone's mail notifications, since mine obviously don't work, haha).

Thanks guys!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.7.5), HELP!

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 8:28 PM

There are no replies.

Just moved, and Mail doesn't work at home (no accounts will connect to the server). It's able to connect to the internet and works fine @ Apple store's genius bar, but not at home.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.