Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My internet appears to be connected, but I am not able to access the internet. Why Apple? Why is your 2 grand worth of a laptop having this problem?

Seriously, this is really an inconvenience. I am doing a research paper which constantly needs me to access the internet for information. There should be a solution to this. I'm done having to restart my macbook pro. It's totally going to ruin laptop if I keep doing that. I'll be using my Windows boot while this issue continues to persist and until I find the appropriate fix. Really disappointed.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 10:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 10:38 PM

Is this via wifi only? Have you tried an Ethernet plug from your MacBook Pro to your router?

If it's a wifi issue, you may want to reset both your modem and your router - usually unplugging each for about 5 minutes will reset them. Then go to System Preferences>Network and click on teh WiFi connection in the left pain. Use the Assist Me... button to setup a new connection.

Call back if this doesn't work.

Clinton

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2012 10:38 PM in response to mauwze

Is this via wifi only? Have you tried an Ethernet plug from your MacBook Pro to your router?

If it's a wifi issue, you may want to reset both your modem and your router - usually unplugging each for about 5 minutes will reset them. Then go to System Preferences>Network and click on teh WiFi connection in the left pain. Use the Assist Me... button to setup a new connection.

Call back if this doesn't work.

Clinton

Dec 5, 2012 1:21 AM in response to mauwze

I had this same problem for the longest time. Super embarrassing that my boyfriend's 10 year old dinosaur of a laptop worked better than mine, I finally got fed up called apple support and they were kind of useless trying to help me and told me it was probably a hardware problem and I would have to take my computer in. I talked to an IT guy at work and he suggested to just call my internet provider and ask them to change the channel my router was running on (probably not the proper technical term). I called shaw and they walked me through the steps and now my internet works.

Dec 5, 2012 9:36 AM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

Hi Clinton,

It's a WiFi issue. It keeps disconnecting at about every half an hour or so. Anyway, I did what you suggested. I just unplugged my router and modem for about 5 minutes and then plugged them back in again. So far, my internet has not disconnected. The thing is... if this is really the "fix" I won't always have the convenience of turning a modem or router on and off when I'm using a public WiFi. My other laptops would connect to basically any connection. I don't see why the MacBook Pro on Mountain Lion can't do that.

I'll test my laptop again when I get back home from work. I'll keep you posted. Thank you for your suggestion.

Mark

My internet appears to be connected, but I am not able to access the internet. Why Apple? Why is your 2 grand worth of a laptop having this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.