Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match keeps repeating itself (cycling)

Hello ---

I recently upgraded to 11 and turned iTunes Match on this computer, but it seems to be having a problem.

I turned on iTunes Match, and it went through the first two steps fine. But after the second step, it gets "Uploading Artwork and Remaining Songs" ... then stops, and starts the whole cycle over from step one.

I get a dialog that says "5,376 ongs are now available on iCloud" before the whole process starts over again.

I cannot seem to access any of my songs in the iCloud either. If I delete a song locally, there's no dialog box to re-download that song if I were to choose so. The box to download is greyed-out.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 8:21 PM

9 replies

Dec 8, 2012 8:57 AM in response to Kenneth Sweet

I have figured out a solution that worked for both iTunes 10.8 and iTunes 11 on my two macs. Here is what I did:

Open iTunes and go to top down menu "Store" and select "Turn Off iTunes Match"

After that finishes, go back to "Store" and select "Deauthorize This Computer" and type your password.

Let that finish, then restart iTunes completely!

Once restarted, go back to "Store" and "Authorize This Computer" and type in password.

Next, go back to "Store" again and select "Turn On iTunes Match" then enter password and select "Add this Computer" when Match asks you.

Wait for Match to finish then select done. The cloud iCon in the upper left will appear to be loading so go get a drink and come back and it should be all good to go!!

I spent 4 days trying to get my music back after losing almost 7k worth of it and now I have it all back... I will be downloading every single song to my computer just in case!!

Thanks, let me know if this helped!!

iTunes Match keeps repeating itself (cycling)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.